- Firefighters’ fundraiser at Krause Berry farm
- The Way Forward for Langley Today
- Christiana Thiessen’s Lens Captures Still Life, Landscapes, Scenery And People
- Susan Jacks – A Story Of Music, Struggle And Social Conscience
- Meet Wildlife Sculptor Cathryn Jenkins
- The Benefits Of A Personal Shopper
- TWU Professors Named To Prestigious Oxford seminar
- Honour And Remember Lives Lost April 28
Splayed legged lovebirds Up For Adoption
This little pair came into our rescue/adoption program because their owner could no longer care for them. They have been together for quite some time and were paired up due to their physical disability. These guys are referred to as being splay legged as they cannot pull their legs together and they do not perch as regular birds would do. They spend their day attached to the side of their cage but this does not prevent them from getting around and getting to their own food and water. They are happy and will add lots of color and joyful noise to the right home. They are not hand tame and prefer to be left to themselves. Besides their disability, they are a healthy little couple who at times even drop some eggs although they will never produce young as the eggs are not, and never will be fertile.
The birds are with the BC Exotic Bird Society. If you are interested in adopting them, please call Ken at 604-762-4074 or Kelly at 604-762-1742.